Wednesday, June 27, 2012

“TURN A DEAF EAR”: A GREAT STORY ABOUT UNDYING LOVE AND CONQUERING PREJUDICES by Kenny Bornert



If you’re interested in an easy and enjoyable read regarding deafness in a fiction book, we have a book for you!

“Turn A Deaf Ear,” by Janet Fiore Horger & Linda Sanders, is a great story of one woman’s struggle to conquer prejudices. It’s also a courageous story of crossing barriers, and standing up to do the right thing, regardless of personal danger. The reader is given a glimpse of this woman’s experience, and flies at a breakneck pace through her first person narrative. Finally, it is a story of love, and how no obstacle is large enough to prevent true love.

I loved the story, and appreciate how she dealt with her powerful mother. I also enjoyed how she twisted some fiction into the story with a very plausible situation. As the husband of a Deaf person I can relate how living as an integrated couple, one often has opportunities to educate others in the reality of Deaf Culture, and explain how love can overcome anything. And these authors accomplish this with full impact.

If you'd like, you can read more about this book at  <www.turnadeafear.net> and its Amazon page: 

Michele and I definitely recommend this book to you. In fact, we have a deal for you! If you’re interested in receiving a free copy of, “Turn A Deaf Ear,” simply leave a comment below with your email address and, on July 15th, we will randomly choose one winner to receive a free copy and contact them by email! So don’t hesitate! Comment now! You’ll be glad you did.

7 comments:

  1. This is Jonathon and I know it is a romance book, but I can almost guarantee it would be interesting and Elaina would probably love to read it too! My e-mail is jonathonarenas@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to share this story with my kids. It may help give courage and encouragement to my family dealing with a HOH child. Let us see the world through someone else's eyes.
    thenewlui@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still catching up on my Google Reader! I haven't yet read that book and it sure does sound interesting! My husband and kids are not deaf but I'm profound... mjh905@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED this book! It's not just a romance book. It's a book about the power of love and relationships, all kinds, with a bit of suspense thrown in toward the end. I bought 3 extra copies to give away as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!!! No need to enter me in the drawing, I have copies already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to read this book. I enjoy your posts. It has given me insight on my sister who is deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot my e-mail address. Opps loves.tea@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete